Data entry is becoming an increasingly favoured job. Its benefits range from working remotely and utilizing transferable skills across different software.
Also with easily accessible programs and classes, learning data entry is a great way to build up your professional portfolio.
That being said, with so many data entry courses available mostly online, it can be hard to know where to start.
In this article, I have put together a list of the seven best data entry courses with certifications which will help you become a data entry pro and prepare you ahead of your career.
Data Entry Courses, Classes, And Certification Programs
Data entry is a highly sought-after skill, and with the right qualifications, you can land a great job in this field.
And, because no advanced degrees are required, individuals can earn a consistent income.
There are hundreds if not thousands of data entry courses online with free certification available, and not all of them are worth your time or money.
That’s why I have put together seven best ranked data entry courses online with free certification from various prestigious platforms.
With this, it can help you reach your goals, whether you want to start a new career in data entry or improve your skills for your current job.
During these courses, you’ll learn how to use various software programs and how to format data so that it can be easily entered into a database.
Best Ranked Data Entry Courses With Certifications
You can learn the skills you need to advance in your career by enrolling in the best ranked data entry online courses with certifications.
Here are the best ranked Data Entry Courses in 2022.
1. Beginners Guide To Microsoft Excel – Data Entry (Skillshare)
If you want to improve your Microsoft Excel skills?
Then you really should take this online course.
The Skillshare beginner’s guide to excel data entry is useful for those who want to learn how to use Microsoft Excel tools for data input and worksheet creation.
It teaches practical skills in a fun setting.
Inorder to keep up with changing knowledge, the course constantly updates its learning objectives and materials.
The course contains seven lessons that will teach you exactly what you are looking for.
So, without hesitation, sign up for this course.
Skillshare offers a 1-Month Free Trial. After that, the price goes back to $167.88 per year.
The time duration for this course is 42 minutes daily.
What Will You Learn
Below are the various lessons you will learn after the completion of this course.
- An insight into basics data entry
- Introduction to Excel
- Functions of Excel
- How to Use Flash Fill
- Using Autofill and Custom Fill List
- How to Use Sort Function
- How to Apply Filter 1 and 2
- How to Use Copy and Paste
Function in Excel for Data Entry
- Using Cut and Drag Option
- How to Simplify Data Entry Using Basic Tools of Excel
2. Excel Skills For Business: Essentials (Coursera)
This Coursera course is taught by Macquarie University educators.
It is the first of five courses in the Excel specialization.
If you believe in self-learning or want to improve your Excel skills, this course is for you.
It is sufficient to provide you with a solid foundation upon which to build in the subsequent courses of the specialization.
This course will teach you how to use Excel so that you can add something to your portfolio.
Get started for free
It takes no more than 6 weeks to complete this course.
What Will You Learn
- How to fill in your gaps of knowledge in excel
- How to use spreadsheet software
- To become confident in using Excel
- Get familiar with Excel and its user interface
- To become a professional in the formatting of spreadsheets
- How to perform calculations in Excel
- How to construct graphs
- Learn basic formulas and functions
- How to visualize data
- Solving business-related problems using techniques learned in Excel
- Practice on downloadable workbooks
- To learn new features of excel to improve efficiency
- How to navigate in Excel
- Performing data entry using Excel
- Using different features of Excel for professional data entry jobs
3. Data Entry Course For Beginners (Udemy)
This is one of the best-selling courses on Udemy for beginners looking to launch their freelance data entry careers.
Individuals interested in learning about the different types of data entry jobs available on Fiverr and Upwork, as well as the skills required on these platforms, should definitely take this course.
It will teach you all of the necessary skills at a reasonable cost.
By the end of the course, you will be confident enough to bid on a project to build your portfolio, catching the client’s attention and increasing your earnings.
The price of this course varies
2 hours 48 minutes
What Will You Learn
- How to gain the right skills to become a professional in data entry
- How to kickstart your career in data entry as a beginner
- How to convert pdf files and images
- How to carry out web research
- How to carry out data entry tasks
- Build the portfolio for freelancer sites
- What type of work do clients offer on Fiverr or Upwork
- Practicing files
- Live Demo from Upwork
- Examples of client projects and their bidding
- Live examples of work from Fiverr
- Learning advanced data entry as well and dealing with large data sets
4. Excel For The Real World Gain The Basic Skills For Microsoft Excel (Skillshare)
Microsoft Excel is an essential tool for data entry.
This course will teach you about the Excel interface and get you acquainted with it.
You will also learn how to navigate through all of the software’s required functionalities and how to comprehend its practical applications.
However apart from that, you will be able to learn all about the Quick Access Toolbar and how to use it.
We guarantee that you will be far more confident than before when entering data into Excel.
This course is followed by the other two courses for further development.
This course is essential for beginners who want to supplement their existing knowledge or start from scratch.
Sign up as soon as possible to take advantage of the free offer with a little effort at the comfort of your home.
Skillshare is offering a 1-month free trial afterward, a course fee of $167.88 per year will be charged yearly.
The duration of time for this course is approximately 1 hour 2 min
What Will You Learn
- To use ribbon in Excel by going through different buttons.
- How to customize ribbon as per your needs
- How to create a structured workbook
- Working with cells and creating a workbook using worksheets
- How to get creative in Excel by formatting data.
- How to delete data and filter it
- The use of the ‘autofill’ data option
- Using basic formulas and understanding the use of the VLOOKUP formula to make data dealing easy
- How to organize data, its sorting, and listing for easy analysis
- Learning and using ‘Paste Special’ to your advantage
- Move ahead of the copy and paste function
5. Xero Online Accounting The Practical Data Entry Course (Udemy)
This course is a practical one, so it’s ideal for those who want to gain skills by doing side by side.
The course consists of video lectures, where the instructor explains to you how to perform something in Xero’s videos.
You will be given a task to perform when the class ends to show you practical implementation.
There are just under 24 practical assignments throughout the course, so you’ll have enough to accomplish.
In each video, the instructor takes you through data entry in steps to make learning easier. You can have the same assignment or watch it on repeat on your account.
Hence, there is no limit on the number of times you watch a video or ask questions to the instructor.
They are always available to guide you throughout the course.
However, it is advisable for you to make sure you complete the course within the 14 days time period after signing into Xeo, or else you will have to pay $79.99 which is no less.
The price for this course varies
3 hours 9 minutes
What Will You Learn
- How to perform data entry on daily basis using Xero
- What exactly are Xero and its uses
- Signing up procedure on Xero
- Free trial
- Designing the layout for the sales invoice
- Creation of sales invoices and then issuing them
- How to use data entry for entering invoices related to purchases
- How to attach backup
- How to import bank statements
- How do reconcile transactions done through a bank
- How to check data entries by running reports
- Simple tips to avoid making mistakes in Xero, hence saving your time
- How to identify a particular record in the data set
- How to make quick changes once the data has been entered
- How to identify mistakes done during data entry
- How to correct mistakes in a short time
For enrolling in this data entry course, you need;
- A willingness to learn.
- Computer/laptop with internet access.
- The willingness to complete the given assignments to make the most out of this course.
Who Should Take This Course?
This is the best data entry training online for those who are new to Xero and are willing to learn the step-by-step process of data entry through Xero.
6. Learning Numeric Data Entry (LinkedIn Learning)
Are you looking to gain expertise in the usage of numeric keypads for your job?
Then, this course is rightly designed for you to learn about the functioning of the numeric keypad.
Perhaps, this comes in handy when you are running short on time and need to do a large amount of data entry tasks.
The instructor has designed this course for beginners to go through a series of lectures in just 17 minutes approximately to learn from dealing with numeric data to formulas.
It also teaches learners to use interactive tools that can help them practice skills on their own.
The course is accessible on both tablets and phones with 1 project file to work on. You will get a certification upon completion.
With a short introduction to handy instructions, the course is helpful.
Register now for free and complete the course within a month.
Free for 30 days (One Month)
16 minutes 16 seconds
What Will You Learn
- How to enter numeric data
- How to use 10- key numeric keypad to enter formulas
- Learning the finger technique for different keys
- How to use the home keys
- How to do data entry efficiently
- Decimal Point and Keys 0
- Different arithmetic operators
- How to use Microsoft Excel
- How to use Microsoft Access
- How to link data entry with Excel
- What is ergonomics
- How to enter large data into the spreadsheet
- Interpretation of data using Excel
7. Excel For The Real World II (Skillshare)
This course is the second part of the three-course series for learning to use Excel for data entry.
Those who have taken the first course will find it very useful to develop their skills and fill in the gaps to gain more insights into the functioning and features of excel.
It particularly focuses on the shortcuts to the keyboard which is important in increasing the speed of data entry and helping you work in a flow.
Hence, this course is beneficial for maximizing your productivity in the best way possible.
Perhaps, you will be working alongside learning that will impart a deeper impact on your knowledge.
A file called, ‘Excel for the Real World is given to learners that help them learn shortcuts, navigation, and other features for fast work.
If you are in need of extra cash and do not have high degrees, then just gain skills using this course and develop your skills to have opportunities related to data entry open for you.
There is no price for this online data entry course but a free trial for 30 days is allowed
1 hour 10 minutes
What Will You Learn
- Learning the shortcuts to the keyboard
- Using the shortcuts that make you work at a faster speed
- Getting rid of the mouse during data entry
- How to navigate in Excel to use it efficiently
- Getting control over Excel operations
- How to select cells in Excel for working quicker
- How to select ranges without using a mouse
- How to get the data that you need
- How to auto-filter data using the function in Excel
- How to make lists in Excel
- How and Where to use normal cut, copy, and paste features.
- Introduction to ‘Paste Special’, one of the strongest performing operations
- How to create formulas
- Using shortcuts to Fill Formula and Auto Sum for quick working on the data set
- How to use different formatting features such as borders, alignment, etc
- Learning shortcuts to formatting
- Where to use the formatting
- Learning special shortcuts such as Quick Access Toolbar, Re-do, Auto-Fit, etc.
When it comes to learning data entry, there are tons of online classes available that can help.
But remember, not all of these courses are created equal.
There are lots of factors to consider when choosing which course you should take, including the instructor, the price, the course material, and what your specific career goals entail.
That’s why these courses come highly recommended by us, and we think they’re the best ranked when it comes to learning data entry online and also offer free trials and certification.
Start signing up!!
For further questions about finding the best data entry classes online?
Leave a comment below so we can help.