If you are interested in finding out the acceptance rate as well as other relevant information such as the admission requirements, tuition fees, and the school’s ranking.
Then, we urge you to read this article as it contains all the valuable information about admission into this prestigious college, Douglas college.
Let’s look at the school’s ranking
Douglas College Ranking
Being the largest college in British Columbia, Douglas College is ranked 97th among Canadian colleges and universities and 1,801st in North America as well.
Douglas College Acceptance Rate
Despite having over 25,000 student enrolments, Douglas College has an acceptance rate of 25% which makes it a competitive college.
This also indicates that Douglas College rejects up to 75% of its applicants annually.
So therefore, for one to be admitted into this college, he or she must have standard academic qualifications as required for the program of your choice.
Douglas College has its general admission requirement, and every applicant is expected to satisfy the requirement in order to be considered for admission.
So, If you are seeking admission to a program, you must meet one of these requirements such as:
- You must have graduated from a high school in British Columbia and also earned a diploma or have an equivalent in a different school system.
- You must be 19 years of age by the end of the first month of the first semester of attending college.
- You have to be 17 years of age on the first day of the first semester of attending college which you haven’t attended for a year.
- You must have completed a certificate or equivalent from a special needs program, and you have been in school for 12 years.
A course short of graduating from a secondary school in British Columbia.
English Proficiency Requirement
The official language of instruction at Douglas College is English.
So therefore, all applicants to the college must demonstrate proficiency in the English language in order to be considered for admission.
Applicants can demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting these high school grades.
- English studies 12: an average final grade of “C”
- English first People 12: an average final grade of “C”.
- English 12: an average final grade of “C”.
- English Literature 12: an average final grade of “B”.
- English 12 first peoples: an average final grade of “C”.
- Technical and professional communications 12: average grade of “C”.
- Advanced Placement English Language or Literature: an average grade of 3.
- International Baccalaureates English Language A (SL): an average grade of 3.
International Students Admission Requirement
International students who want to gain entry to an undergraduate degree program at Douglas College must have;
- Graduated from secondary/high school.
- Applicants must be 19 years of age by the end of the first month of the first semester of attending Douglas College.
- International students must have an overall grade average of 60% (or equivalent) in the final year of secondary/high school.
- Students must possess an average final grade of “C” or 60% in 11th-grade mathematics courses.
English Proficiency Requirement For International Students
English language proficiency is among the admission requirements at Douglas and applicants can satisfy this requirement by submitting any of these required test scores.
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: minimum score of 83
- IELTS Academic Module: minimum score of 6.5
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): minimum score of 60
- Pearson Test of English: minimum score of 56
- International Baccalaureates English Language: minimum grade of 3 or “C”
- Advanced Placement English Language or Literature: minimum grade of 3 or “C”
Post-Graduate Programs Admission Requirements
International students seeking admission to postgraduate programs at Douglas College must have these requirements:
- Must have graduated from an accredited degree-granting institution and also earned a three-year Bachelor’s degree.
- Students must present an average CGPA of 60%, obtained during the Bachelor’s degree program.
The estimated cost of tuition for an undergraduate program at Douglas College is 12,900 CAD while the estimated tuition fee for an international Undergraduate student is 18,800 CAD.
Step-By-Step Processes Of Applying For Admission
Before you start the application, do well to be sure that you can satisfy the necessary admission requirements for the program that you are desiring to study.
Below are the simple steps to apply to Douglas College.
Step 1: Choose Your Program
Douglas College offers a variety of degree programs.
So choose a program of your choice and provide the relevant information that is required.
Step 2: Pay The Application Fee
The application fee for domestic students to apply to Douglas College is 36.7 CAD which is non-refundable and can be paid with credit cards.
Step 3. Check Your Admission Requirements
Ensure you satisfy the admission requirement for the academic program you want to study.
Review every admission requirement and make sure you meet the standards at Douglas College.
Step 4. Monitor Your Application
Once you have applied, you will receive an email with your student Identification number and other information on what to do next.
You can monitor your application status by visiting the application.
Step-By-Step Processes Of Applying For Admission As An International Student
To complete an application as an international student, kindly follow this process.
- Find Your Program
Search and select any program of choice from the academic programs offered by the college.
- Check Admission Requirement
Douglas has its specific admission requirement for international students.
Review the college admission requirement for international students and the application deadline.
- Check Available Programs
Make sure your program of choice is available for admission before applying to Douglas College.
To find out if your desired program is available at Douglas, you will need to contact the admission officers.
- Apply Online
Kindly register on the appropriate site and create an account.
Afterward, Carefully fills in your information where they are required and select your program of choice.
As an international student, you will have to pay an application fee of 100 CAD, which is non-refundable.
- Submit Required Documents
Douglas College requires some documents that must be submitted to complete the application.
You will have to scan your documents as PDFs and send your files to International Admissions where they are checked and verified.
- Receive An Admission Offer
Students who satisfy the admission and program-specific requirement at Douglas will receive an admission offer within five days of completing the application.
The offer letter will contain instructions on how to accept your admission offer and other information.
- Imperial College London Acceptance Rate, Admission, Tuition, Ranking
- University College London Acceptance Rate, Admission, Tuition, Ranking
- University Of Glasgow Acceptance Rate, Admission, Tuition, Ranking
1. How Many Scholarships Does Douglas College Offer In Canada?
Every year, Douglas College awards over 100,000 CAD in entry scholarships to new international students who have exhibited academic success in their previous studies.
2. Is Douglas College A Good School?
Douglas College has a strong track record in terms of placements.
About 85-90% of students get placements, after finishing their education.
Students can apply for jobs in accounting, marketing, finance, banking, insurance, operations, etc.
3. How Long Does It Take To Receive An Acceptance Letter From Douglas College?
Once you have applied to Douglas College, it takes a few weeks to receive a letter from the college.
Specifically, it takes about two to three weeks to receive a letter from Douglas College.
Admission to Douglas is very selective with a low acceptance rate of 25%.
However, if you want to secure a slot at the college, you will have to present an outstanding academic record.
For further information, do well to visit the school’s official website