Advertising artists are hired to create advertisements for television, radio, newspapers, and magazines.
They use their creativity and skills to create eye-catching messages that will get attention from people and make them want to buy whatever product or service is being advertised.
This article will give you the full job description of an Advertising Artist, so stay tuned.
What Is An Advertising Artist?
To fully know the role of an advertising artist, it is essential to first define what exactly an advertising artist does. They are responsible for creating business ads and designing images used in those ads.
What Are The Duties Of An Advertising Artist?
The following list includes examples of some everyday tasks performed by this type of employee:
- Creating commercials that promote new products or services,
- Illustrating children’s books or magazines (like Mickey Mouse) with artwork,
- Creating brochures and other marketing materials,
- Creating advertisements,
- Designing logos,
- Designing ads,
- Creating posters, flyers, and brochures,
- Creating websites for your clients,
- Developing the content for the website or blog that you build for them.
- Creating the content for a website or blog that you make for them.
What Type Of Education Is Needed To Become An Advertising Artist?
You will need a bachelor’s degree in advertising and marketing, graphic design, fine arts, communication, business administration, or marketing. You can also get an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in public relations if you have experience working as an assistant or intern for a few years.
Where Do Advertising Artists Work?
Advertising artists work in advertising agencies, marketing companies, and design firms. They may also be self-employed and work on a freelance basis. Advertising artists may work from home or in an office setting.
How Many Hours Does An Advertising Artist Work?
As an advertising artist, you will likely work 40 hours per week.
The typical day at work consists of 8 hours in the morning and another 8 hours in the evening. This is a common standard for all jobs, but it’s vital to note that this does not mean you’ll be doing nothing over those two periods. You’ll be working on multiple projects at once, so there will always be something to do, even if it’s just proofreading copies or printing out client files from your computer.
Your workday will also consist of two breaks: one at lunchtime (or earlier if there are certain deadlines) and another after dinner (or later if there are certain deadlines).
What Tools Do Advertising Artists Use To Create Their Ads?
An advertising artist uses a variety of tools to create their ads. Some of the tools they use are:
- Computer – A computer is used for digital manipulation and editing, including image processing and animation.
- Digital Camera – A digital camera can be used for taking photos that can be pasted into an ad or used in place of an actual photo for some graphics elements (such as typography).
- Printer – Printable documents are created with inkjet printers or laser printers, which create images on paper using ink or heat from lasers, respectively. You can then scan images into computers and edited before being printed onto any medium, such as posters or flyers. You could also make your custom business card by printing out your info onto paper but still need someone else’s help getting it printed correctly, so check out some tips here: https://www.sxc.hu/tutorial-how-to-make-a-customized_colored_businesscard.
What Income Can An Advertising Artist Expect?
Advertising artists are responsible for creating artwork that adorns advertisements. They work on various projects, including print ads, TV commercials, and billboards.
Advertising artists typically earn between $32,000 and $44,000 per year, depending on their experience level and specialty area. In addition to salary, advertising artists can also expect bonuses if they meet specific performance goals during the year. For example, an advertising artist who has worked for several years at an agency will likely be promoted into management roles where they may earn more than average compensation levels.
What Other Career Is Similar To That Of An Advertising Artist?
You may wonder, “What other careers are similar to an advertising artist?” There are a few.
Advertising artists are in demand in almost every industry. They’re creative problem solvers and good communicators who can work under pressure. They must be able to visualize an object or concept, then use their skills as designers to create it using 2D or 3D technologies (see below).
One of the most popular career paths for advertising artists is Graphic Designer.
A graphic designer uses their design, layout, and communication skills to create logos, brochures, advertisements, and other promotional material. They may also be called upon to create a website or app that effectively conveys the information it’s designed to deliver.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment opportunities for graphic designers will increase by 15% between 2014 and 2024. This means over 60,000 new jobs will be created in this field during that time.
The median salary for graphic designers as of May 2015 was $58,000 per year. The BLS predicts that this number will increase by 13% between 2014 and 2024, reaching $64,700 by 2024.
Read also: Agriculture Ph.D. Program Information
What Skills Should An Advertising Artist Have?
There are several skills an Advertising Artist should have. Some of these skills include:
- Creativity: An advertising artist should have a strong sense of what’s essential and what’s not. They should be able to fine-tune their ideas, ensuring they’re relevant and effective.
- Attention to detail: This is an essential skill for any artist or designer, but it’s essential in advertising because so much emphasis is placed on how well you can tell a story with imagery or text. This means every detail needs to be carefully considered before being included in your piece!
- Work ethic: As a creative advertising professional, you’ll need to work hard both creatively and pragmatically if you want success in this industry (which means getting up early on Monday mornings if necessary). You’ll also need excellent communication skills so that everyone involved knows what needs to be done next step today.
What Are The Benefits Of Becoming An Advertising Artist?
Becoming an advertising artist is an efficient way to make money and have fun doing it. It’s not just about the paycheck; there are other benefits as well.
For example, you’ll get to work with various people with different skills and interests. You might find yourself working on projects with people you’ve never met before or sharing ideas with someone who has been in your shoes before.
You also won’t have to worry about going into an office every day or having other responsibilities like keeping up with payroll or making sure everyone gets paid on time (which can sometimes be difficult, depending on how much time it takes). As long as you’re willing to put in some hard work once in a while, this job will suit anyone looking for a flexible schedule that allows them time off whenever they need it.
Experience And Training Requirements Of A Advertising Artist
The advertising artist is responsible for creating advertisements, signs, and logos.
Advertising artists must have a bachelor’s degree in art or design. They also need experience in the field before they can work as an advertising artist. They can get this experience through on-the-job training or college or university education.
Training is available through online courses and workshops that teach you everything from basic design principles to advanced skills, such as 3D modeling and animation, using Adobe Photoshop CS6 or similar software programs (www.adobeacademy).
1. What An Advertising Artist Does?
Advertising artists design and create the visual components of an advertising or marketing campaign.
2. What Are Advertising Arts?
Advertising art can be defined as the graphic design used to advertise and promote.
3. What Is The Job Description Of A Visual Artist?
The Visual Artist creates artworks to be exhibited in galleries, museums, or public spaces.
4. Where Does An Advertising Artist Work?
Usually, advertising designers work for advertising agencies, business companies, media publications, or marketing companies.
5. How Much Does An Advertising Artist Make?
How much does an Advertising Artist make? As of Nov 16, 2022, the average annual pay for an Advertising Artist in the United States is $46,058 a year.
6. What Are The Three Roles Of An Artist?
Artists keep, make, and transform meaning.
7. What Are The 6 Roles Of Artists?
There are six roles of artists in society which are their contributions to developing contemporary arts. The artist is a visionary, a teacher, a philosopher, a historian, an entertainer, and a pragmatist.
8. What Are The Basic Functions Of Advertising?
Advertising has three primary objectives: to inform, persuade, and remind.
9. Is Advertising A Creative Career?
Advertising careers are fast-paced and highly creative.
10. Is It Hard To Get A Job In Advertising?
The fact in advertising is that the industry is so competitive, and open positions are so few that getting a gig in the modern advert business is as complex as landing a major account.
The best way to be a successful advertising artist is by getting training and experience and working with other professionals. An advertising artist must have strong communication skills and sound design and marketing abilities.