King’s College London is one of the world-leading research Institutions in the United Kingdom
And its global recognition has attracted thousands of international and domestic students across the world.
So if you are interested in applying for admission, it’s important that you know and understands the basic admission details which this article will enlighten you about.
King’s College London Ranking
According to U.S News and World Report, King’s College London is ranked 6th as the best global university in the United Kingdom, 7th in Europe, and 33rd worldwide.
Times Higher Education ranks King’s College London 35th in the latest World University Ranking.
King’s College London subject ranking (U.S News & World Report):
- 24 in arts and humanities
- 34 in clinical medicine
- 47 in electrical and electronic engineering
- 23 in endocrinology and metabolism
- 2 in psychiatry/psychology
- 17 in the public, environment, and occupational health
- 32 in social sciences and public health
- 21 in neuroscience and behavior
- 41 in molecular biology and genetics
- 56 in surgery
King’s College London Acceptance Rate
King’s College London had an acceptance rate of 10% a couple of years ago.
This shows the selectivity at King’s College London and why the university is one of the most challenging public schools to get into.
Currently, the overall acceptance rate at King’s College London is estimated at 12 to 13%.
With an acceptance rate this low, it indicates that KCL will deny admission to about 85% of those who will apply to the university annually.
1. International Students Acceptance Rate
Every year, King’s College London usually receives about 5,000 applications from foreign students.
The majority of international students applying to King’s are from East Asia and North America.
Nevertheless, the acceptance rate for international students at King’s College London is estimated at 13%, which is considerably competitive.
International students who were successful at KCL are provided with supportive and sustainable resources to settle into a new environment.
2. Graduates Acceptance Rate
King’s College London offers post-graduate programs in engineering, business, law, and health sciences.
So admission to each post-graduate program offered at King’s College London depends on the admission standard for research and course level.
The acceptance rate for master’s programs offered at King’s College London is approximately 47%.
King’s College London Admissions
King’s College London has a selective acceptance rate and will only offer admission to worthy candidates.
So therefore, to secure entry to KCL, applicants must satisfy the standard requirement for the course they intend to study at the university.
Each course offered at King’s has its specific admission requirement, and applicants must achieve the required grades for admission.
Although it is important to satisfy the admission requirement for a specific course, what is also important is your application.
The admission officers at King’s College London will review your application thoroughly before making an admission decision.
In your application to King’s College London, prepare a unique personal statement to convince the application readers at the university that you are qualified.
If you had some achievements outside the classroom, include them in your application. Doing this will enhance your admission chances to King’s College London.
1. Undergraduate Admission Requirements
The admission requirement at King’s College London varies based on the academic program.
Also, each program offered at KCL has its specific admission requirement and standards.
Having said this, let’s take a look at the admission requirements for General Engineering for instance.
General Engineering Entry Requirement
Here, we will look at the academic qualifications and required grades for admission into this course.
- Applicants with an A Level must present a grade of “A” in Mathematics or Physics.
- Students who are taking linear A Levels in England are required to pass the practical endorsement in all science subjects to gain entry into this course.
To be competitive for admission to this course, applicants with International Baccalaureate must have:
- A minimum of 35 points including 666 at Higher Levels.
- Required to include grade 6 in Higher Level Mathematics or Physics
Access To Higher Education Diploma
The required standard for the Access to Higher Education Diploma is 60 credits overall.
- Access to HE Diploma with 45 level three credits (36 credits must be from unit awarded at Distinction and 9 at Merit)
- The Access to HE Diploma must include a minimum of 15 level three credits in Mathematics awarded at Distinction or 15 level three credits in Physics awarded at Distinction
To be considered for admission to this course, the Access HE Diploma must be in engineering, mathematics, or sciences.
2. International Students Admission Requirements
Below are the necessary requirements that an International student trying to secure admission to King’s College must provide such as:
English Proficiency Requirement For International Students
International students are required to demonstrate proficiency in English to gain entry into KCL.
However, international students from selected countries by King’s College London are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: minimum score of 107.
- IELTS Academic: minimum band score of 7.5
- Online: minimum band score of 7.5
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: minimum score of 191
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency: minimum score of 191
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): minimum score of 75
Institution code for TOEFL: 0394
3. Graduates Admission Requirements
If you are seeking admission to King’s College London graduate programs, you need these essential documents to be successful.
These documents will be submitted.
They are as follows:
- Recommendation letters
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent obtained from an accredited institution
- Proof of English proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- GMAT/GRE/LSAT (Law Courses) MCAT (Medical Courses) scores
King’s College London Tuition Fees
The tuition fee for domestic undergraduate students at King’s College London is £9,250 for
One academic year while the cost of attending King’s College London as an international student is estimated at £15,000.
It is important that you bear in mind that programs such as medicine, law, and business may have additional fees added to the initial fees.
How To Apply To King’s College London
An application to King’s College London is through the UCAS application process.
Below are the steps that you should take to proceed:
Firstly, before you start the application, make sure you find out the specific requirement and standards for your program of choice.
The UCAS application officially opens in September, but before you apply to KCL, you can start preparing your application documents and personal statement.
The appropriate deadline for application is late January, and the deadline for Medical or Dentistry is mid-October.
Apply through the UCAS application and choose the courses you want to study at King’s College London.
It is important to note that while applying through UCAS, you can register for up to five courses at once.
Create an account on the UCAS application website and fill in the required details such as your education history, grades, personal statement, and work experiences if you had any.
You will be requested to upload your reference letter which must have been written by a school teacher, tutor, or principal.
This is done to verify your behavior throughout the duration of your secondary School programs.
By presenting this, you have successfully completed your application process.
Lastly, submit your application with the required charge for the application.
King’s College London Admission Deadlines
Below are the undergraduate deadlines for those applying for admission through the UCAS Portal:
- All other programs excluding Medicine and Dentistry programs will be closed by January 26, 2023.
- UC Davis Acceptance Rate, Admission, SAT/ACT, Tuition, Ranking
- University Of Warwick Acceptance Rate, Admission, Tuition, Ranking
- University Of Melbourne Acceptance Rate, Admission, Tuition, Ranking
1. What Is The Average GPA Required At King’s College London?
The GPA requirement for admission to postgraduate studies at KCL varies by preference.
However, with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent, you have a chance of getting into King’s College London.
2. Is King’s College London a good school?
King’s College London is in the top 1% of universities in the world, ranking 13th in the United Kingdom and 142nd globally. Ranks 4th among universities in London.
King’s College London is in the top 1% of universities in the world, ranking 13th in the United Kingdom and 142nd globally.
3. Is It Easy To Gain Entry Into King’s College London?
The admission process at KCL is very selective.
The acceptance rate at King’s is approximately 12 to 13% on average.
Getting into King’s College London is a competition, and only the best-qualified students are admitted to this university.
So with this information which we have provided for you in this article, we hope that you will use it to your best advantage and join others in becoming the best-qualified.
For further questions, leave your comments or questions in the comment section provided below.