The University of Adelaide is one of the top public research institutions in Australia.
So if you are interested in enrolling in this school and you are wondering what the
Acceptance rate as well as what are the other relevant requirements you will need to make it a success.
Then this article will serve as a guide in walking you through all the necessary information that you will need such as the acceptance rate,
Admission requirements for different programs as well as tuition fees, and the school rankings.
The University Of Adelaide Acceptance Rate
Over the years, the number of students at the University of Adelaide has increased by a few thousand.
As one of the top research institutions in Australia, the University of Adelaide has a less selective acceptance rate.
Australian universities are easier to get into than universities in the United States.
The acceptance rate at the University of Adelaide is estimated at 75% which indicates that up to 25% of applicants are rejected during admission.
By this percentage, it is considered fairly competitive.
So therefore, an applicant with the required academic requirements for admission to a specific course has a chance of getting into the University of Adelaide.
The University Of Adelaide Admission Requirements
Below are the various admission requirements for the different levels of programs.
- Undergraduate Admission Requirements
The University of Adelaide accepts several academic requirements for admission to undergraduate programs.
- If you are an applicant with the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) or its equivalent, you can use your qualification as a pathway to the University of Adelaide.
- You must obtain a competitive selection rank to be considered for admission to the university.
- To gain entry to most undergraduate programs at the University of Adelaide, you must not have previously completed more than two years of full-time study (48 units).
Most importantly, some of the undergraduate programs offered at the university may require auditions, oral interviews, and the UCAT, among others.
- International Students Admission Requirements
The University of Adelaide recognizes and accepts several international qualifications as requirements for admission to undergraduate programs.
Every program has its specific entry requirement that must be satisfied before a student will be admitted.
So as an international applicant, you must meet these requirements:
English Proficiency Requirement
- The University of Adelaide will accept scores from these English language tests.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Academic Test.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is internet-based and paper-based.
- Pearson Testing of English- Academic.
- Cambridge English Advanced
- Postgraduate Studies Admission Requirements
The requirement for international students to gain entry to postgraduate studies are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent obtained from an accredited institution, with at least 60% to 70%.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/CAE)
- Letters of Recommendation
The University Of Adelaide Tuition Fees
Below is the estimated cost of attendance at the University of Adelaide.
- Master of Philosophy (Engineering): AUD 47,000
- Master of Philosophy (Architecture): AUD 43,000
- Master of Philosophy (Dentistry): AUD 53,000
The University Of Adelaide Ranking
The University of Adelaide is ranked among the best universities in Australia and the world.
The University of Adelaide is ranked 7th as the best global university in Australia, 7th in Australia/New Zealand, and 66th worldwide.
Times Higher Education ranks the University of Adelaide 111th in World University Ranking.
The University of Adelaide is also ranked 109th in QS World University Rankings.
The University of Adelaide’s subject ranking is as follows:
- 95 in Agricultural sciences
- 16 in electrical and electronic engineering
- 33 in engineering
- 48 in physical chemistry
- 35 in computer science
- 69 in civil engineering
- 103 in cardiac and cardiovascular systems
- 68 in Chemistry
- 73 in physics
- 54 in plant and animal science
Why Study At The University Of Adelaide?
The University of Adelaide is a world-leading research institution with a reputable background.
This is one of the best universities in Australia, ranked in the top 120 universities in the world.
Studying at the University of Adelaide is an opportunity to acquire the best knowledge in undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
The University of Adelaide offers decorative degree programs in engineering, arts, business, veterinary medicine, natural sciences, and health sciences.
The academic program you wish to study and build a future career is offered at the University of Adelaide.
Not only that, the University of Adelaide is dedicated to impacting knowledge and skill through intensive academic research.
The University of Adelaide provides the basis for the best college life experience. Students at the university enjoy every moment of participating in sports activities or joining a club.
The university’s fitness hubs are open for students to stay active and healthy on campus.
At the University of Adelaide, you will be provided with resources to succeed in your academics and prospective career.
With the university’s supportive and sustainable resources, you will be guided on the right path in choosing a future career.
Students at the University of Adelaide acquire first-hand experience through work placements and internships.
When you study at the University of Adelaide, you are equipped with skills and knowledge to solve real word problems.
The University of Adelaide has the highest graduate employment rate in South Australia. Graduating from the University of Adelaide sets you on the right path to jobs.
Studying at the University of Adelaide is an academic investment with lots of benefits.
How To Apply To The University Of Adelaide
Below is the step-by-step guide to completing an application to the University of Adelaide.
But before you begin the application, it is important that you check the entry requirement for the degree you intend to study at the University of Adelaide.
Step 1: Apply through SATAC
You can apply to the University of Adelaide through the SATAC application website.
So, check the entry requirement for the program you wish to study at the university.
Some of the programs offered at the University of Adelaide have additional entry requirements.
Make sure you check if your program of choice has an additional entry requirement before you start the application.
Know the application dates and deadlines before you begin the application.
Step 2: Check Or Make Edits
On the SATAC application website, you can change or change preferences through the My Application section.
You can remove or add preferences to your application.
Step 3: Check The Admission Offer
The degree you want to study at the University of Adelaide should be your first preference.
If you need further assistance, you can always contact the advisers at the University of Adelaide.
Step 4: Accept Your Offer
You will receive an email with an offer after you have completed your application.
You don’t have to respond to an admission offer if you received an offer to your first preference.
However, you will have to log on to the SATAC website and respond by the dates on your email offer if the offer you received is not to your first preference.
Step 5: Prepare to Attend
Once you have accepted your offer, you will receive an email from the University of Adelaide with important details. The email will include your new ID number for the university.
The University of Adelaide application fee: A fee of AUD 110 (5,939.03 INR) is required when submitting an application.
Documents Required to Apply to the University of Adelaide
- Certified documents of academics, and professional qualifications, with English translations.
- English proficiency test scores.
- All common aptitude test scores.
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Student health insurance- both for University of Adelaide International students and national students.
- Financial documents and bank statement
- Offer letter
- Acceptance letter and any other document as mentioned on the admission page of the university website
Required Documents To Apply For Postgraduate Degree
To apply to postgraduate studies at the University of Adelaide, international students must have;
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Australian student visa
- Proof of English language proficiency
1. Is The University Of Adelaide A Good University For International Students?
The University of Adelaide is the perfect place for international students to study.
The research institution is home to about 9,000 international students who hail from over 100 countries.
2. Is The University Of Adelaide Difficult To Get Into?
The University of Adelaide has an acceptance rate of 75%, which is considerably less selective.
The university rejects about 25% of applicants during admission.
3. Is The University Of Adelaide A Good School To Study?
This South Australian University is ranked among the top 120 universities in the world.
Besides being one of the oldest universities in Australia, the University of Adelaide is the 7th best global university in Australia/New Zealand.
4. Does The University Of Adelaide Offer Financial Aid For International Students?
The University of Adelaide has financial aid programs such as scholarships for international undergraduate and postgraduate students.
With these scholarships, international students with excellent academic records from previous studies will have their tuition reduced by some percentage.
- Global Academic Excellence Scholarship
The Global Academic Excellence Scholarship is for international undergraduate and postgraduate students with outstanding academic performance in their previous studies.
If awarded, this scholarship will reduce the tuition of a student by 50%.
- Global Citizen Scholarship
The Global Citizen Scholarship offers a reduction of 15% and 30% of tuition for international undergraduate and postgraduate students who have received academic merit in their studies.
- University Of Melbourne Acceptance Rate, Admission, Tuition, Ranking
- What Are The 12 Ivy League Schools And Their Rankings?
Australian universities are among the best in the world, with less competitive acceptance rates.
The acceptance rate of the University of Adelaide admits more than half of its overall applicants.
To receive an admission offer from the University of Adelaide, you must satisfy the entry requirements for your desired program before you start the application.